We are taking applications for the Spring 2020 class
The University of Florida Police Department is pleased to announce the start of registration for the University of Florida Community Police Academy (UFCPA) for the Spring 2020 semester. The UFCPA will provide University of Florida and UF Health/Shands students, staff, and faculty with a behind-the-scenes look at how their police department functions. Two academy classes will be held a year during the Spring and Fall semesters with eight classes on separate weeks spread throughout each semester. UFCPA will meet at the University of Florida Police Department in the Community Services Division classroom on Monday evenings from 6 PM to 9PM from January 27th to March 30th for the Spring 2020 class. The training will consist of classroom and simulation training (traffic stops, DUI investigations, and the firearms simulator). Attendees will conduct at least one officer ride along prior to graduation. At the end of each Academy class, a graduation will be held to recognize the participation of the students.
These are a few of the topics that will be covered:
- Introduction to the University of Florida Police Department
- Basic law enforcement principles
- DUI enforcement
- Traffic stops
- Criminal investigations
- Firearm simulator
- Overview of each of the Department’s Divisions
- Be in good standing with the University of Florida
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully complete the application and limited background check
- Possess a valid form of identification
- Not be a convicted criminal
- Abide by the rules and regulations as provided
- Complete and sign the Waiver of Liability and Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete and sign the Security Acknowledgement
Participants are prohibited from being armed while participating in the UFCPA. Participants will have no law enforcement authority and therefore many not operate any UFPD equipment or take any law enforcement action at any time during their participation in the UFCPA.
If you have any questions or if you would like additional information, please contact the UFCPA Coordinator, Officer Dianna Ullery at 352-392-3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register go to Inquiries & Registration and click on Register for Community Police Academy.