How to File a Report
- Co-Responder Team
- Office of Victim Services
Reporting to the Police
The goal of the Police Department is to ensure safety. Even if you are unsure if a crime has occurred, you may still speak with an officer to determine options available in making a report. You can document an incident, without pressing charges, to ensure safety planning and track for future incidences. You will be asked to share details of the event such as: location and what took place. If you’re unsure of speaking with an officer, a victim advocate can be requested.
Reporting to the University (Title IX)
Anyone who believes that he or she has been subjected to a violation of this policy or related retaliation is strongly encouraged to promptly report such behavior to the Title IX Coordinator or any university official, administrator, supervisor, manager, or faculty member. We support the choice to report incidents anonymously or with identification.
- Incidents should be reported as soon as possible after the time of their occurrence to allow the university to take appropriate remedial action. No employee or student should assume University of Florida officials knows about a situation or incident.
- Any university official (administrator, supervisor or manager) who has knowledge of or receives a written or oral report or complaint of a violation of this policy must promptly report it to the Title IX Coordinator, and may be disciplined for failing to do so.
- Any faculty member, teaching assistant or staff member with knowledge of sexual harassment of a student must promptly report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator, and may be disciplined for failing to do so.
- Other persons who suspect a violation of this policy should report it to an appropriate person in their department / unit or to the Title IX Coordinator.
In addition to the resources listed above, all members of the University of Florida’s Title IX Team are available to assist in the prevention and elimination of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct on the University of Florida campus.
To file a report directly to the Title IX Coordinator:
Title IX Coordinator: 352-273-1094