K9 Explosives Detection Dogs
- Co-Responder Team
- Office of Victim Services
The University of Florida Police Department utilizes explosive detection K-9 teams in response to the need for increased security precautions at many of the special events that take place on the university campus. These K-9 teams are also available to assist local law enforcement in bomb detection operations as requested.
The University of Florida has three K-9 teams, consisting of:
- Officer Renee Jost and her Black Labrador Retriever “Libby”
- Officer Ricky Morgan and his Yellow Labrador Retriever “Apollo”
- Officer Terrell Williams and his Black Labrador Retriever “Ruff”
- Officer Michael Mayall and his Yellow Labrador Retriever “Ronnie”
All UFPD K-9 teams have been specifically trained and certified in the search and detection of explosive devices.
If you would like more information about the UFPD K-9 Unit, please contact the UFPD Public Information Officer via email at UPD-PIO@ad.ufl.edu.